Welcome to the Waratah CLT Association (WCLTA)
What is the Waratah CLT Association (WCLTA) about?
The mission of the Waratah CLT Association is to contribute to the movement for affordable housing and to become a model for sustainable living through the collecting and sharing of information on CLTs.
To achieve our mission we provide regular CLT workshops and training sessions to educate the community about the Community Land Trust living model.
Receive our newsletter
If you would like to receive our newsletter, click here.
National CLT Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico, September 2010
In September 2010, some of us travelled to the four day "National CLT Conference" in Albuquerque, New Mexico, to find out from the experts on what approach works best when starting a CLT from scratch. Dr John Davis, in his interview with Liz Page, shares his experience and some invaluable tips on how to succeed.
According to Dr Davis, the best start for a Community Land Trust is "People Power: People, Education & Empowerment".
Waratah CLT Association to be unincorporated from approx 1 July 2015
In December 2014, it was decided that Waratah CLT Association should no longer be an incorporated association but instead serve as in information hub on CLTs.
We will continue to post information on the development of CLTs and welcome any input from visitors to this site.
WCLTA in the Media
Every so often, Waratah CLT Assocation gets a bit of attention from the media. Here are some of the publications:
- "Affordable Obtainable Housing - Bondi Community Land Trust", Pigs Will Fly, 7 June 2010
- "The Future of Housing", Mark Swivel, New Matilda, 4 June 2010
- "Could land trusts be the answer to Australia's housing affordability crisis?", Rosalind Scutt, Nine MSN Finance, 26 May 2010
- "No land home sale hopes", ABC, The World Today with Eleanor Hall and Michael Vincent, 25 May 2010
- "Home buyers get roof not the land", Kelsey Munro, Domain, Sydney Morning Herald, 25 May 2010
- "Scheme Hopes to Half Housing Costs", Kelsey Munro and Megan Levy, The Age, 25 May 2010
- "US plan eyed for remote housing", Patricia Karvelas, The Australian, 24 May 2010
- “Remember this name: Waratah Community Land Trust Association”, Peter Driscoll, Transition Sydney, 29 April 2010